Kevin Feige Addresses Concerns Over Sony and Marvel Split After Spider-Man: No Way Home


In late 2019 after Spider-Man: Far From Home, Marvel fans became very anxious knowing that their favorite web-slinger would leave the MCU. After a few weeks, Sony and Disney came to an agreement as to where both sides would benefit, and as a result, the highly anticipated Spider-Man: No Way Home is set to premiere in December of this year. 

In the latest Empire Magazine, Marvel Studios Head Kevin Feige opened up about the madness. He said:

"I was mentally preparing to emotionally separate from it. I didn't love it, but it is what it is. And then, thankfully, it came back together"


Tom Holland also addressed the issue and mentioned that he was very excited to play the character again. Despite fans thinking otherwise, Tom mentioned that he didn't actually have much to do with a deal being remade.

"From a business point of view, I wasn't instrumental at all. People seem to think I suddenly went to law school and singlehandedly struck up a deal between Sony and Disney. Essentially, all I did was show both parties how passionate I was about this character. I basically said, 'Look, if there's a world where you can fix this, it will be so much better for the character, and for me, and for the fans. So if you can fix it, fix it."


Kevin Feige did seem optimistic that the fans won't have to go through this again.

I don't anticipate us going through that emotional rollercoaster, or putting fans through that emotional rollercoaster, again."


It seems like this time around, Disney and Sony have Spidey's future sorted, and based on Feige's comment fortunately Marvel Studios may have more MCU Spider-Man films in the store for us.

Post a Comment

0 Comments